Monday, March 5, 2012

Jazz & Classical Music at Julius Meinl

A few weekends ago, I met my friend Tamara for a late afternoon coffee beverage at Julius Meinl, a cute European-style coffee house at Southport and Addison. Our beverages came on an adorable tray.


Tamara was running late, so I had a few extra minutes to scope out the pastry case and read the menu. After settling on a mango smoothie (Tamara had a chai tea latte.), I flipped to the back of the menu and noticed a line up of concerts at Julius Meinl's Southport and Lincoln Square locations. Concerts are Friday and Saturday nights and often feature musicians who play for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra or have won or been nominated for a Grammy. I'll let you know when I check one out!

Julius Meinl is a Vienna-based coffee purveyor with a few locations in Chicago, including a soon-to-open cafe in Ravenswood. My mango smoothie probably had a lot of sugar, but it was delicious.

At Julius Meinl on Southport

No comments:

Post a Comment