Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekend highlights

My adorable nephew, Ethan, sent me this for Valentine's Day
This was definitely the highlight of my pre-Valentine's Day weekend. It looks like Ethan had fun posing for this photo. And I have a fun new magnet!

Valentine flowers
Z knows Ethan's charm steals the show, so he tried a different tactic. I think these tulips and irises are a refreshing and creative alternative to classic Valentine red roses. Z got them at an unassuming flower shop in Lincoln Park that happens to have a random mix of very healthy flowers and plants.

Flamingos in Lincoln Park
On Saturday, after a delicious brunch at Ria at the Elysian Hotel, we took a long walk and came across these flamingos sunning themselves at the Lincoln Park Zoo. With the exception of the five flamingos that took a nap on the ground, the remainder stood in a uniform position. This flock struck me as particularly pink. It's good to know they're getting a healthy dose of shrimp!

1 comment:

  1. E always loves posing for the camera and I'm glad that Z knows how he ranks. Also- kudos to Z for honoring your dutch heritage with the tulips. They look beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete